Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Deluge of TV Shows

So with the coming of Fall comes the premieres of a ton of TV shows, old and new. And boy do I watch a lot of them. So lets see whats going on.

Sundays - We've got the block of cartoons, Simpsons, Family Guy and Cleveland Show. All funny to varying degrees at varying times. There is also a new drama called Pan Am, that I don't know anything about but I'm considering checking out the first episode because 60s era stewardess outfits are hot. Hehe.

Mondays - We've got Castle, which I'm behind on since I haven't watched any of the new episodes. We have Terra Nova, which I have watched and I loved it so far; though they seem to be doing the shotgun plot effect here at the beginning and that is something that has the potential to fail spectacularly. Also I hear the ratings were pretty low for its first episode; so that makes me sad. I need more dinosaurs and dystopias in my life. And starting this coming Monday, House is back. Since we left off with him on some far away tropical beach it will be interesting to see where the show goes. Obviously they will get him back to the hospital and resumes formula, but that is okay because the character of House is what I watch it for anyway.
Also, Warehouse 13 is on on Mondays. I haven't watched since the first season, but I loved it back then. I should make an effort to catch up at some point.
Tuesday - Glee is the only Tuesday night show I watch. Huzzah for musical theater and a cast of "teenage" girls that are a lot more attractive than I remember any of the chicks I went to high school being.

Wednesday - Nothing yet, but new South Park starts soon.

Thursday - Thursdays give us some great comedy. My favorite comedy show, Community, is on on Thursday nights. Hilarious show, if you are not watching it then you will probably get cancer. Ya, it is that important. The Office is also on, and with out Steve Carrell I am hoping it will be much less painful to watch. And Archer was on for a few weeks; but is now stopped again until 2012. Boooo. Oh ya, Person of Interest, a new show by J.J. Abrams is on on this night as well. It is on my radar but I haven't watched it yet.

Friday - Fridays are the new home to Fringe, one of the best shows ever. I'm behind on the new episodes but working on fixing that right now in fact. Really hoping this season is good and that the Friday night slot doesn't kill it.

Saturday - Doctor Who is the only Saturday show I have ever watched; and its season finale is tonight; so sadness. I'm still 3 episodes behind on this as well; but I'll catch up soon.

So, a whole bunch of TV there to watch each week. But that's not all. There are at least 4 more shows coming out that I will be giving a shot and checking out.

Grimm - a mystery/crime drama with a Grimm's Fairy Tales/Fantasy twist.
Once Upon A Time - another fairy tale inspired show with the tales being set in modern day. I really like the idea of exploring the actual darker versions of the kid's fairy tales that they started out as. Should be very good if executed well.
Hell on Wheels - AMC Western period drama about the building of the Transcontinental Railroad
Walking Dead - More zombies please!! Especially since they seem to be going out into the countryside more. We've done the city zombie thing before.

There are also plenty of shows that I used to watch that I've basically let fall away, like Chuck and Burn Notice. I still like them; but they just weren't drawing me back over the call of these other shows and I got out of the habit of watching them. And then the back episodes piled up and etc etc etc. I'll go back and watch them at some point; probably when they hit Netflix.

So, how do I watch all this TV. Well I don't have cable TV service; so I watch all of it on the internet, through sites like Hulu and Netflix. And I don't watch it all on the day it comes out, just whenever I feel like it and have time. TV shows on MY schedule; not the networks. That is what works for me. Sadly I think I'm forfeiting my ability to positively help the rating by doing that though. Guess I can't complain too much when good shows go off the air too soon. Oh well, enjoy what you got while you got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment