Sunday, June 6, 2010

So Ends this Tail...I mean Tale!

Mouse Guard is over. Finally managed to squeeze in the last session of my short mouse-y campaign. Had a lot of fun running it but I was done with story and ready to finish it up. I think my players really enjoyed the game overall. We had a good number of fun times, some hilarious moments, some great role playing, and even some total ass-kicking!!

I also may have driven one of my players insane. These things happen.

In retrospect we all seemed to enjoy the opportunity we had to play a new, very different system. But I feel we all also really felt that it would have been much more enjoyable if we had a better grasp of the rules. As I said its a very different system, and there are some fairly fiddly bits; as well as some unclear wording. These things did cause some amount of trouble here and there but overall we handled them and pulled out a good game.

In the end I really enjoyed it. I look forward to running the last part of the adventure as a bit of a stand alone game for the Magpie Night soon. I also am hoping to venture back into the Burning Wheel system again in the future, probably using the Burning Empires game.

No comments:

Post a Comment