Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thoughts from a Waiter's Mind

So I had another very annoying incident tonight while at work. A table that was very nice and that seemed to really enjoy their meal ended up stiffing me. And I'm not even certain that it was on purpose. They just didn't leave either of the credit card receipts behind. This is a VERY annoying situation.

When this happens I can not help but be angry because I just put in all that work and got screwed over for it. And thanks to tip-out, not only do I not get a tip, I have to pay for having taken that table. And their check was like $72. So that's a nice "Oh thanks for stiffing me and making me pay $1.50 out of my pocket for the dubious "privilege" of having waited on you." It sucks even worse though because the people were nice and they may not have intended to do this; so one feels even worse for getting mad.

So the lesson here is to be very careful to leave behind the signed and filled out copy of your credit card receipt. It may seem like a small mistake to you; but it really Fs over the server and makes for a terrible situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment