Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Writing Excuses

OMG a blog entry!! Haha. It's been like 3-4 months since my last one.

So there is a pretty dang good author named Brandon Sanderson. He's got some great books, and an interesting sounding podcast called Writing Excuses. It's a short format, only 15 minutes long, they say "...because you're in a hurry, and we're not that smart." It is all about writing and the craft of making books and stories.

The reason I started a blog was to try and get myself in the habit of regularly writing. So here is my plan. Since these are only 15 minutes long there's no reason why I can't easily expect myself to listen one a day, or at worse one every other day at first if I forget. And most of them come with a writing prompt. Some of the earlier ones might not have a prompt, but I believe those prompts start showing up with each episode pretty quickly.

Therefore my plan is to listen to one of these a day, and do the connected writing prompt on this blog as I do. Hopefully I get into the good habit of regularly writing something and maybe I'll get around to outputting something of my own making eventually. At the least hopefully my storytelling skills will improve and make my GMing better. Going to try and do the first one tomorrow night after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment