Sunday, July 15, 2012

Quick Update

Boy have I been horrible about putting up posts this week.  Not to get into too much complaining; but work has been soul-suckingly terrible, and I finally get why so many of my friends so often do not feel like hanging out after a full day of work.  So all I have felt like doing is sleeping and consuming mindless entertainment, for the most part.

There has been some stuff going on though, and when I can get the mental energy to work on it, I'm really excited about my current project.  Yes, I do remember that I was right in the middle of analysing the Cortex Plus system; and I'm going to get back to that soon.  Hopefully later this week.  But I also have a brand new project that I'm working on.  My first built from scratch RPG project, which is all about giant mecha fighting robots, crazy space monsters, galactic exploration and conquest, and vending machines.  Don't worry, it really all does tie together.

I've been working on coming up with the base mechanics, and doing some online play testing with friends.  I've got the core combat rules partly figured out; I mostly just need to try out a long list of bells and whistles to see what should be added and what should not.  I've got initial concepts for the out of combat stuff and some portions of character creation and advancement; and I'll be testing those out soon.  Also I've come up with a decent framework for the story and worldbuilding, as well as a cool concept for the physical book when I get it done.

I've got my own little sub-forum over on NWARPG.org where I can do all my play testing.  Here is a link.  I will be posting most updates there, as well as trying to do some more play testing on the forum.  I have every intention of developing this to a full and complete game, and then at least trying my hand at a Kickstarter project to get it made.  Who knows if folks will want to see it happen, that is something I'll deal with when it is done.

Besides that I have 21 other project ideas on a list that I want to work on and make at some point.  Some are one shot scenarios for Game Days, some are more custom RPGS.  There are even some board and card  game concepts.  Hopefully 2 or 3 will actually come to fruition at least.

Plus I'll be keeping up the posting of APs and reviews as much as I can, and putting up some more snippets from my short fiction story.  I promise to try harder to be more consistent for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment